Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let's Talk Jocjoc


Former U.P. President (when I was still a student at the State University) and founder of the country's top law firm ACCRA, Sen. Eduardo Angara said that the a revival of the Senate query on the alleged anomaly surrounding the Department of Agriculture fertilizer fund in 2004 might set a bad precedent. He further said that “that is not the rule of law”. (rare photo: Jocjoc Bolante by the Manila Times)

Please remember that former Senator Ramon “Jun” Magsaysay Jr., has thoroughly investigated the controversy in 2006. Because the Senate has submitted its final report, Angara said it is only the Office of the Ombudsman that can now pursue the investigation. The Office of the Ombudsman should file PLUNDER CHARGES against Bolante for diverting the fertilizer fund to several companies instead of giving them to farmer beneficiaries.

OK, before Andros and my readers get all heated up, let me make it clear that our Presidential election is in close proximity and I would presume that “vociferous” Senators are merely posturing for votes. So we see Mar Roxas getting all excited with the Euro-Generals when it is already established (in my point of view) that they are culpable. The Senate is an unfair forum because the person in question is not allowed to have a lawyer- Plus the fact the Senate has become MEDIA'S "haven for intrigues".

Hey, what the Euro-General’s did was an illicit CASH CONVERSION ( I will not go into the modus operandi because it is an unlawful practice. But I assure you, I’ve been there and seen that.). It is no secret dearies, so if the Senators were genuine, they should have legislated measures to end this malpractice a long time ago. So what’s up with Miriam’s discourteous rhetorics against a cabinet secretary may ask! Well, her revulsion for the Puno’s is another story in this blog.

Angara also said the The Senate President has “no intrinsic power” to issue the order. He said it is only upon the recommendation of the committee that a warrant of arrest may be enforced. If the Senate detains Bolante, Angara said there must be a case filed against him. Otherwise, it’s illegal detention. I tend to agree with Angara because I feel the POLITICAL POSTURING- Remember dearies that the top 3 Presidential candidates have guested in the Good Times show and I have yet to see a sincere candidate!

I would suppose that Angara is suspicious of Senators who simply need the EXTRA PUBLICITY to be President!

Lastly is my personal issue on the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH interfering with our political affairs. I already had so much antagonism towards Jocjoc - but the Archbishops meddling with our politics turned me off. No offense RainB but I am presently evaluating Father Romeo Intengan's essay endorsed by the National Security Adviser entitled "AFP: Defefender of the Nation, Guardian of Democracy, and Servant of the People" ( Center for Strategic Studies, Ateneo de Manila).

Frankly, the priests essay on National Defense gives me the creeps!